Chia Seed Gravy
- Avocado oil: 2 teaspoons
- Onion, chopped: ½ medium
- Clove garlic, minced: 1
- Chopped fresh herbs : 1 Tea Spoon
- Sea salt: ½ teaspoon
- Ground pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Stock or broth of choice (including dripping from meat, where applicable): 2 cup
- Chia, ground (can adjust to desired consistency): 4 teaspoon
- Heat a wide, deep sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the avocado oil and medium onion.
- Cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped herbs.
- Stir for 60 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the wine, salt, and pepper, scraping the brown bits from the bottom.
- Stir in the stock and move the heat to medium high.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and simmer for 3-5 to meld all the flavors.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
This Recipe Uses
Chia seeds are one of nature’s rare, perfect, superfoods. Coveted by ancient Aztec warriors, chia seeds are said to deliver incredible energy, life giving nutrients and essential fatty acids.