Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
Most homemade mayo recipes call for using canola, safflower or some other highly processed, chemical laden, vegetable oil. Yuck. Olive oil is a better choice, but the flavor tends to be too intense for most. Enter in Chosen Foods Avocado Oil! Our high viscosity, mildly flavored oil is the perfect partner for homemade mayo. Once you try it, you’ll never go back to the store bought version again!
- Pastured egg at room temperature: 1 Whole
- Pastured egg yolk at room temperature : 1
- Dijon style mustard : 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh lemon juice: 1.5 Tablespoon
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil: 3/4 cups
- Sea salt: 1 pinch
- Using a food processor, blender or immersion blender combine egg, egg yolk, mustard, lemon and salt.
- Process about 30 seconds
- Slowly drizzle the oil into the egg mixture - slowly!
- Once combined, taste and season to your liking (add more salt, lemon or mustard)
Tasty Mayo Add-Ins:
Chipotle peppers - use as a fish taco sauce
Shallots and capers - smother on simply grilled salmon
Fresh herbs - quick, fancy spread for any simple sandwich
Garlic and Sour Cream - A simple take on a Mexican condiment called crema agria which is usually made from sour cream and buttermilk. The garlic and the mayo work wonderful together and are great on black beans or just as a chip-dip!